Sunday, March 29, 2009

Review: Max Payne

Max Payne is a film based on a video game. And you know what they say about movies based on video games.

Seriously, though, it wasn't that bad. It had some really great action sequences, and a bunch of pretty awesome camera angles and tricks. The acting was lacking, but then again, I don't think that Mark Wahlberg is really known for his strong acting. Mila Kunis had a role in the film and I can't imagine her as anything other than Jackie. And, maybe Meg.

It was the kind of movie I see once and forget about - although it had a cool style and some neat effects. Rotten Tomatoes really didn't like it, and I can understand why. The plot was nothing special, and I think it might have been the writers' faults. David told me that he played the game and it was very good and, though it's been a while since he's played it, he noticed some things had been changed.

If you have seen it, share your thoughts.

My Rating: ** / *****

No comments:

Post a Comment